Create a more inviting and open plan contemporary kitchen dining area to make better use of the floor space and natural light whilst relocating the utilities within the adjacent garage.
WORKS CARRIED OUT
- Fully remove the old kitchen.
- Remove the internal wall between the existing kitchen & dining room
- Install a Steel Lintel for support as per building regulations.
- Create a 'false ceiling' to house the extractor fan and LED lighting.
- Complete re-plaster of the entire room
- Fully install the new kitchen which included the plumbing of an instant hot water tap, sink, electrics for the new layout and appliances.
- Tiling and installing new Oak internal doors.
THE ORIGINAL LAYOUT
As per the clients request, whilst removing the kitchen that was in situ, we relocated many of the units and utilities within the adjacent garage. This allowed the maximum use of cupboards for the new kitchen and with the utilities in the garage, a more peaceful and ambient environment for the open plan space has been created.
AND THE WALLS CAME TUMBLING DOWN...... in a controlled manner of course!!
We are always considerate at Renaissance Renovations when needing to remove internal walls to ensure that we do not create any unnecessary and further remedial work when knocking through. In this case, our client had a high quality wood floor that we took extra care during this process to ensure that it was just as lovely upon completion.
CREATION OF THE FALSE CEILING TO HOUSE THE EXTRACTOR & LED LIGHTING.
This was an idea that came about during the project in consultation with our client to give a more contemporary finish of concealing the extractor within a bulkhead and allowing some feature LED lights within the perimeter to light wash the ceiling and aid the ambience and feature of the island.
The contrast colours of the island to the wall units look great within this project and the amount of natural light created from removing the internal wall to create the open plan area is a superb transformation from what was. Our client will be sure to enjoy this newly created living area, especially if the wine within the integrated wine rack is consumed on an evening!